• Identify which prospects are most likely to buy & which existing customers are most likely to churn.
• Assess their likely level of future claims & potential for fraud. Evaluate their probable customer journey & life-time value.
• Using this insight, establish the most appropriate channels, offers & contact strategy in order to maximise returns and minimise costs.
• Optimise pricing for risk and return, augmented by behavioural insight from ‘Internet of Things’ telemetry data where possible.
• Streamline fraud detection processes to minimise losses, again using behaviour where possible.
• Grow revenue by targeting customers with ‘next best’ up-sell and cross-sell offers.
• Quickly identify changes in competitor activity by spotting anomalies in market behaviour.
Types of Analysis
Our key areas of expertise combine to provide powerful solutions
Targeting – models that predict the probability of a single event happening, such as a product sale to a client or the risk of a transaction being fraudulent.
Forecasting & Attribution – models to predict the future value of key elements such as sales, demand, resource usage etc. based on a range of driving factors
Segmentation – identifies the key groups in any data set based on all aspects available, how they relate to each other & how they are changing, as well as highlighting any unusual elements.
Simulation – computer models of real-world processes, facilitating accurate scenario & contingency planning.
Data Mining – finding hidden information in data – trigger events, drivers of activity, conversion paths, featurs, topics & underlying concepts in free text etc.
Dashboards & Process Automation – report up to date information relating to the business, including key performance metrics, in summary or real-time, plus automate repetitive tasks and trigger workflows to enhance efficiency & reduce costs
Optimisation – automatic methods of identifying the best possible solutions to problems, ways to achieve targets and use of available resources, instead of manual experimentation.
Technology and Tools
We use the most appropriate techniques & tools for YOUR problem
Redsella consultants are proficient in a range of tools
We pick the right package based on your requirement, budget, skill set & current environment, such as R, R-Studio & R-Shiny, Python, SAS & Enterprise Miner, IBM SPSS & Modeller, MS Azure, Google Cloud, Amazon AWS, Power BI, Power Automate & many more.
Solutions can be provided in these packages or a bespoke system can be developed which combines relevant tool sets with a task-specific user interface & dedicated connections to your existing infrastructure.
The potential applications are endless
We have been generating value for clients across a range of industries for the last 25 years.
We have created substantial returns for our clients. In some cases these have exceeded £10M & performance levels have increased in a similar manner, often by 100% or more. Specific case studies can be provided on request, but the following gives an idea of the way that advanced data analytics can help in different types of market.
• Identify which prospects are most likely to buy & which existing customers are most likely to churn.
• Segment shopping behaviours (basket or annual) to identify customer’s needs & interests.
• Assess which groups provide value, which create cost, which types of customer are being acquired & which lost to competitors.
• Develop strategies based on this insight to address the threats found & exploit the opportunities.
• Identify the most appropriate product recommendations to make & target customers with the most relevant offers to grow the overall value & frequency of their shop with you.
• Use the behaviour & value segments to personalise online content & offers.
• Identify conversion paths & attribute sales fairly across all relevant activities and steps.
• Optimise PPC keyword & display ad portfolios.
• Optimise entire advertising & media mix plans.
• Assess store performance levels & tailor the network to match local shopping needs.
Finance & Banking
• Assess loan portfolios by predicting risk of arrears, bad debt & recovery.
• Predict loss ratios & provisioning requirements.
• Forecast likely future business performance levels given current & projected market scenarios.
• Use existing or purpose-built financial models to simulate & optimise planning cycles, maximising ROI from limited resources whilst achieving multiple conflicting targets.
• Identify key client behaviour patterns & transactional activity across a range of retail financial products. Assess the value, cost & risk implications of each.
• See how client & market dynamics are changing. Understand client needs & devise optimal treatment strategies based on the insight gained.
• Target customers for up-sell, cross-sell or retention activity as relevant.
• Identify trigger events & warning signs. Detect & prevent potentially fraudulent behaviour & events.
• Enhance account access security using behavioural traits.
• Gain insight into customer viewing patterns & use them to enhance customer satisfaction by supporting relevant offers & content recommendations.
• Target ‘at risk’ subscribers with appropriate & timely retention activity.
• Devise targeted marketing plans for acquisition, up-sell and cross-sell activities, optimised automatically to maximise returns.
• Drive pay wall sign up & tailor online content to meet individual client needs.
• Identify the most appropriate new content to meet the needs of the customer base.
• Optimise the pricing of content to maximise returns whilst meeting target subscription & customer satisfaction levels.
• Forecast demand levels & optimise operational planning to ensure service levels are met in the most efficient manner.
• Understand client behaviour & device usage patterns & use this insight to feed pro-active retention, up-sell & cross-sell activities, as well as the design of suitable tariffs.
• Optimise the allocation of offers, replacement devices, subsidies etc. to maximise their impact.
• Use the behavioural insight gained to devise new ‘value-add’ services & offers, enhancing customer satisfaction.
• Identify fraudulent or other potentially criminal activity & enhance account security using behavioural insights.
• Prioritise workloads by targeting limited resources to those areas most in need, at highest risk or where the impact will be maximised.
• Understand population behaviours & how they are changing, allowing more efficient provision of services.
• Identify potentially fraudulent activities & information.
• Forecast future demand to aid planning cycles.
• Optimise the allocation of resources to meet targets in the most efficient manner possible.
• Minimise the impact of funding cuts.
• Increase the accuracy of risk assessments.
• Develop optimum contingency plans & assess their likely performance.
• Understand the different types of usage behaviour in your consumer base & the type of customers concerned.
• Use this insight to understand the cost, value, acquisition & churn hot spots in the business & how best to address the needs of each segment identified.
• Forecast future demand & understand its drivers.
• Predict the effects of smart metering roll out and prioritise customer groups needing assistance.
• Understand the impact of tariff changes on both your client base and the business.
• Optimise tariff changes to achieve your goals and responsibilities to more vulnerable sectors.
• Predict customers at risk of churn in time to take action to retain them, especially prior to fixed term deal expiry.
• Identify cross-sell & acquisition targets, how best to sell to them & optimise your marketing efforts to maximise ROI & achieve business targets for minimum cost.
• Enhance the planning, efficiency, execution & results analysis of medical research & clinical trials.
• Identify common traits, progression paths, time-dependent links & spot anomalies more easily in case history data.
• Aid diagnostic procedures, provide early warnings & enhance operational efficiencies in clinical settings.
• Optimise the use of limited resources, maximise the benefit achieved from fixed capabilities & minimise the impact of cutbacks.
NB We work for FREE for non-commercial healthcare clients.
Manufacturing AND Operations
• Simulate production processes, identify bottlenecks, understand & optimise workflows & schedules automatically to maximise operational performance & efficiency.
• React quickly to production line failures, late order changes, etc.
• Predict failure rates on products, components, machinery & fleets and identify possible causes.
• Perform preventative maintenance in time to avoid costly shut downs.
• Optimise delivery schedules & delivery routes.
• Maximise efficiency by optimising asset use & stock control to meet forecast demand or planned schedules in the most cost-effective manner, minimising the amount of capital tied up internally.
• Identify unusual stock variations, transport or warehousing activity, thus helping to combat fraud or theft.
• Utilise new sources of data on items & work flow from RFID & ‘Internet of Things’ telemetry, where available.
• Gain detailed insight into clients travel preferences & behaviours.
• Use the insight gained to tailor packages & offers.
• Forecast likely demand levels & optimise advance purchasing from suppliers to meet demand in the most efficient manner possible.
• Optimise travel & package pricing to meet current & future demand given time-to-travel & availability.
• Forecast no show rates to allow maximum utilisation of resources.
• Optimise contact marketing strategy to maximise returns & up-sell / cross-sell opportunities.
• Identify potential fraud, from suppliers as well as clients, including fake reviews.
Education AND Human Resources
• Target students / staff with appropriate courses & offers to meet their needs.
• Optimise course pricing to balance demand, availability & returns.
• Predict drop-out & success rates to maximise the use of resources.
• Segment student / staff base to understand current mix of capabilities, additional needs and how these are changing, allowing tailoring of recruitment, support & training plans.
• Optimise the scheduling & allocation of resources to maximise performance.
• Optimise delivery schedules & routes to minimise costs or response times, maximise returns or throughput etc., whilst achieving all other targets & constraints set by the business.
• Forecast energy usage, carbon output & other resource consumption in order to identify ways to reduce these elements leading to greener, lower cost future operations.
• Predict failure rates to ensure maximum fleet utilisation through the use of preventative maintenance.
• Minimise wasted journeys by optimising the positioning and allocation of resources.
• Maximise operational efficiency & customer satisfaction.
• Provide a fast & efficient method of replanning schedules to address urgent last-minute requests by clients.
• Identify bottlenecks, wastage & potential fraud.
• Segment historical data to better understand the nature of jobs undertaken. Identify any anomalies that may exist, assess where the costs & value are & how the market dynamics are shifting, allowing changes to operational & marketing strategy to be developed to enhance efficiency & address the threats & opportunities facing the business.
• Predict security risk levels tailored to each unique job & optimise their mitigation.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
CLIENT REVENUE GROWTH
COST SAVINGS MADE